Menu of Topics for a Machine Learning Interview
The most important thing in a machine learning interview or presentation is to be passionate when talking about it (duh!). Here are some of my favourite topics to discuss about:
- Bayes rule and its applications
- Data normalization/scaling techniques
- Feature encoding/representation
- Different types of classifiers/regressors for supervised learning
- Text analysis: similarity measure between documents/texts, TF-IDF, N-grams, NLP techniques.
- Computer vision: image classification, image segmentation, object detection.
- Dimensionality reduction: PCA, UMAP, t-SNE, Fourier transform, etc.
Of course, be prepared also to talk about your own machine learning projects that you’ve done!